Neighbourhood Small Grants for COVID-19 Responses
Neighbourhood Small Grants are open, and now include a focus on supporting COVID-19 response efforts.
Details available here: New Responsive Neighbourhood Small Grants Stream
- We will provide grants of up to $500 that meet the requirements of current public health directives to respond to emerging current needs.
- Project ideas that can ease the social isolation of vulnerable people and build community with physical distancing and safety in mind. Examples:(a) Dropping off care packages to elderly or other vulnerable people who live in proximity to project leaders (b) Projects that use, share and exchange local assets/gifts using online platforms Examples: Arts and culture workshops, cooking demonstrations, storytelling or yoga, and meditation sessions
- Because of the urgency of the need, there will be no granting deadlines.
- Applications will be processed regularly by Program Coordinators.
- Applications will still be reviewed by the NGC committee using various online means.
- There will be no limit on how many applications individuals can apply for and a co-applicant is no longer required.
- Honorariums for skill-sharing workshops can go up to $350 especially for artists based on the types of workshops and the number of sessions facilitated.
Apply now: www.neighbourhoodsmallgrants.ca
For more information please contact:
Sheri Parke, NSG Coordinator for Collingwood and South Vancouver: Sparke01@shaw.ca