Much of our success is because of our talented and dedicated volunteers who donate their knowledge, skills, ideas, enthusiasm, and time. Volunteers are encouraged to become actively involved in many different activities, programs, and services that help to strengthen our connections to the South Vancouver community. Join us in building a stronger neighbourhood together!
Please browse our website to familiarize yourself with our programs and services and see what interests you. Once you have found your area of interest, fill out the Volunteer Application Form and drop it off at SVNH’s Reception Desk. Volunteers will be contacted and an orientation will be arranged with the appropriate program.
For general volunteer inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-324-6212.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
• connect to and better understand your community
• meet new people and make new friends
• enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfilment
• gain new knowledge, skills, and experience
• boost your own job and career prospects
Individual contributions to SVNH are formally recognized at annual volunteer recognition events. A reference letter will be provided upon request with satisfactory hours fulfilled.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Adult Day Programs - Program Assistant
- BC Housing Kids Club Volunteer
- Better at Home - Friendly Visitor
- Better at Home - Volunteer Driver
- Communications and Social Media Volunteer
- Community Wellness Lunch - Community Lunch Helper
- Community Wellness Lunch - Community Lunch Volunteer
- Language Support - Interpreter/Translator
- Little Tree Summer Preschool - Preschool Volunteer
- Neighbourly Together - Seniors Outreach Volunteer
- Out of School Care Volunteer
- Preschool Volunteer